They are categorized with their wild, nutty taste that gives them the chance to be added to several ingredients without changing a lot of things about the taste. Chia seeds are used in making pudding, jams, smoothies, and they are sometimes sprinkled over cooked dishes, and being part of all these different recipes of foods and drinks, makes the idea of adding chia to tea something that could be achieved. Doubling the effects or the benefits of chia seed in the tea drink that you are preparing could happen by choosing green tea over all the others since it also carries important benefits to the body. Through this article, you will get introduced to some chia tea recipes.
How to Make Chia Tea?
There are several nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants found in chia seeds that deliver several benefits for the body; it is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, and potassium, which makes the idea of adding it to tea one that will make the person feel more satiated. Having a chia tea drink will help the person in getting the nutrients that the body is supposed to receive throughout the whole day.
The most famous drink recipe for chia is the chia Fresca, which goes back to the time when chia first appeared and originated. This chia Fresca, which is a combination of water, lemon, and chia, is mainly used for adding more energy to the body and is always preferred by athletes and sports people, but in addition to being important as a source of energy, it could still deliver other important benefits for the body as well. There are different chia seed drink recipes that could be easily done, such as adding them to smoothies in order to increase their consistencies.
People are different; those who might like the gel-like substance formed by chia seeds when they absorb water are different from the ones who do not prefer consuming them in such forms, making the drinks a better choice for them.
- Iced Green Tea with White Chia Seeds
There are different benefits accompanied with drinking green tea; it contains various bioactive compounds that can improve health, it improves the functionality of the brain and makes the person smarter, it increases the fat burning as well as the physical performance, it helps with maintaining the cholesterol level, depression, tooth decay, and is also considered a good way for relaxing. All these benefits combine well with the ones related to chia seeds and can be delivered through this cold tea drink.
- ½ teaspoon white chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of water, room temperature
- 1 jasmine – or any other – green tea bag
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Ice cubes
- Sliced cucumber
- First, you have to combine the chia seeds with the room temperature water and stir to combine them well then leave it for 5 minutes, until the chia softens.
- Bring the boiled cup of water and place the green tea bag in it for 3 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the cup and pour the tea into a long cup then add the chia seeds to it; stir to combine them both.
- Now put the ice cubes in the cup with them and place the sliced cucumber to the mixture.
You could drink it right away or wait for the drink to become colder.
- Iced Mint Tea with Chia Seeds
Another option for making chia seed tea other than using green tea is using the mint. Mint is always a great addition to tea in general, and adding to them chia seeds will provide benefits as well without changing a lot in the taste. Mint is always refreshing to the body and even when it is only smelled, so here is the recipe.
- ½ cup white chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of water, room temperature
- 1 mint tea bag
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Fresh mint leaves
- Being made in the same way of the previous tea recipe, you will need to add the chia seeds to the room temperature water, stir to combine them, and then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Bring the boiled cup of water and place the tea bag in it for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and pour the tea into a long glass then add the chia seeds to it, stir them both in order to combine.
- Add the ice cubes to them and garnish with the mint leaves, you could also add some fresh strawberries for a better taste.
Some people don’t like the idea of drinking the hot drinks in their cold forms, just like those who do not prefer to drink juices and soda drinks when they are warm, but this recipe will give great refreshment for the body in a good taste.
- Chia Ginger Green Tea
There are now different tea flavors sold out in the supermarkets and almost all of them could be transferred to ice tea and added to chia seeds or even added to these seeds in their hot forms. The chia ginger green tea is another option to choose next to the green tea and the regular tea with mint.
- 1 cup of steeped green tea
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of homemade coconut milk or nut milk
- 2 dates
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon or more of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- The first step to take after leaving the green tea in water for 3 minutes is to combine it with the chia seeds and let the chia soak up the tea by leaving them together for about 15 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick.
- Then place the mixture that you have formed with the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend them all until they become smooth.
The amount of ginger and cinnamon used in this recipe will depend on the person and how strong they want them to appear; the more you love them, the more you can add.
- Hot Tea with Chia Seeds
The recipes shared above for the different types of chia seeds tea are all iced, for those who prefer the hot tea drinks, here is another one. Chia seeds in hot tea are considered easier to be done than the cold ones, because the iced needs to be separated by making the tea alone and the chia alone then combined both together; but the hot tea is not the same.
- 1 tea bag of your choice
- ¼ cup of chia seeds gel
- Cinnamon stick
- Orange slice
- Almond milk
- Choose the tea that you prefer the most; it could be green, white, black, or herbal. Add sweetener according to your favorite taste.
- Pour eight ounces of tea into a cup then add the chia gel to the mixture and combine them together with a metal or silicone whisk in order for the chia seeds not to clump together.
- The almond milk will be placed upon your choice, if you don’t want it then don’t add it. The garnish options that you could use are the cinnamon stick and the orange slice.
- Pour this mixture into your favorite mug. It is now ready for you to enjoy it.
Tea drinks are always interesting and tasty since they could be enjoyed in their hot and cold forms, being useful for cold weathers as well as the hot ones.
- Chia Coconut Milk Bubble Tea
They always say that the green tea is considered best when it comes from China, but when it comes to making bubble tea then we have to mention that the best is done in Taiwan since it originally comes from there.
- 1 cup of large tapioca pearls
- 1 cup of tea from your choice
- 4 to 6 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of black chia seeds
- Crushed ice (optional)
- Cook the tapioca pearls according to the instructions that you know or the ones that will come on the packaging.
- Make your favorite tea and choose its desired strength according to the thing that you prefer the most, and then add the brown sugar to it.
- Drain the pearls when they are ready and mix them with the tea that you have prepared.
- When the mixture is ready to be served, add it to the coconut milk and combine them together, well enough.
- The sweetness of the tea will be also chosen according to your desires.
- You could add the mixture to crushed ice and sprinkle some seeds on the top as well.
The bubble chia seed is perfectly preferred and known by those who have tried it before, but is also considered a good new trial for those who haven’t. This chia seeds drink is considered one among the different inventions that were made from tea.
Chia seed drinks are numerous; they could be added to almost anything out there, such as juices, smoothies, teas, and even water. The best thing about chia seeds when they are added to tea is that they add a lot of benefits to the body but move back to the background and give chance for the primary ingredients’ flavors to appear. Chia seed is always a good choice to add to tea, whether hot or cold.