After knowing all the different benefits that they could gain from eating chia seeds, people started digging deep behind different recipes in order to make as well as search for different ways through which they could start adding these seeds to the meals which they already prepare. There are two important recipes related to chia seeds; a drink-related one and a food-related one. Chia seeds are famously known to be good additions when it comes to water, juices, as well as smoothies but people don’t actually know that these seeds could be added to tea and coffee as well; they are also added to different food recipes but are famously known for the pudding that they could create for breakfast or as a dessert.
How to Make Chia Seed Pudding?
There are different pudding recipes out there for people to make; some are with flavors while others are just plain simple. The chia seed pudding that people consume without making any effort is the one that they soak in water and leave overnight in order to let it turn to that gelatinous substance that usually appears like a pudding. It usually differs from one person to another according to how he/she wants to have his/her chia seeds and for which meal they are using them for.
In addition to the chia pudding being the easiest thing to be done when it comes to breakfast or even to preparing a delicious dessert, there is also another healthy homemade drink done with chia seeds, water, and lime juice, which is also easy to be prepared and is referred to as chia Fresca. This chia Fresca was used back in the old days by the Aztecs for the famous runners of the Mexican tribe known as Tarahumara, who were drinking it in order to gain the energy that will make them able to run for longer distances; it was referred to as the Iskiate back then.
There are different pudding recipes out there to try and in order to start with the ones that are most famous, we will tell you how to prepare the coconut milk chia pudding.
- Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids as well as fiber and these are the two main players which are considered the reason behind the different benefits which they deliver to the body. This recipe for the chia seed pudding-coconut milk will only take 15 minutes in order to be prepared and could be better used instead of the processed desserts.
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup diced fresh strawberries
- First of all, place the chia seeds alone in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; coconut milk, unsweetened coconut milk, agave nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl, whisk them then pour over chia seeds and stir well.
- Allow this mixture of coconut milk chia seed to soak well until it is thickened, at least for 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.
- The next day, when you get the pudding out from the refrigerator, stir it well then top it with the strawberries.
This is considered the easiest recipe made for chia pudding and one that is considered the most famous as well.
- Chia Seeds Pudding
In addition to the well-known coconut milk chia seed pudding recipe, the ordinary chia seed pudding is another way to create your pudding in an easy way. The chia seed pudding is also prepared in 15 minutes and it comes under the overnight chia pudding category since it needs to stay in the refrigerator overnight before being eaten.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup toasted almonds.
- Start by whisking together the almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, vanilla, and salt, in a bowl until they are mixed well together.
- Add the chia seeds to the mixture and stir well until they are well incorporated, and let the chia seeds soak for about 30 minutes.
- After those 30 minutes, come back and stir the chia seeds in order to redistribute them then cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.
- Drizzle the 4 teaspoons of maple syrup over the strawberries in a bowl and stir them to coat. Add the almonds to the strawberries and mix again.
- When you serve the chia seeds, you have to top each cup or bowl that you have created with the strawberries mixture that you have prepared.
The best thing about chia seeds is the fact that they could be almost added to all the different food recipes out there and at the same time in an easy-made way.
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
It will always be a pleasure to add chia seeds to chocolate, because what else in this world is as understanding as chocolate and how could such a sweet thing be added to another ingredient that is healthy? The chocolate chia seed pudding is another recipe done by chia seeds and referred to as pudding. Although this might be more of a dessert due to the chocolate factor, some people still indulge in it in the early morning.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut flavor instant coffee powder (optional)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- You have to mix the cocoa powder, the brown sugar, and the hazelnut instant flavor together in a bowl and stir them well until there are no lumps found.
- Add the chia seeds to the mixture and pour the milk over them into the bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Let this mixture sit for some time before stirring it again. Keep repeating this resting and stirring activity for about 20 minutes.
- Cover this bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 2 hours or overnight.
- You can drizzle some honey over this chocolate pudding when you are serving it.
This chia seed pudding is also easy to be prepared, but when it is compared to the others, we have to mention that it takes little more minutes since it is prepared in 25 minutes.
- Apple Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seeds are always considered great addition to fruits and that is why it is always considered a great idea to create a pudding recipe out of these seeds while mixing them with fruits. Apple and cinnamon are always known for the famous apple crumble recipe that people feel addicted to, which means that they will also make a great couple when it comes to the apple cinnamon chia seed pudding.
- 2 cups of unsweetened non-diary milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- If you want to prepare a warm chia pudding then you have to add the milk and the vanilla extract together in a saucepan over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds to a cereal bowl then add the warm milk to the bowl, over the seeds.
- Stir the seeds and the milk for some time until the chia seeds get the chance to absorb the milk and let it sit there for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with coconut flakes, chopped apples, and cinnamon.
This chia pudding recipe is unique since it could be prepared hot for those who prefer things warm and could be prepared cold for those who prefer the pudding to be cold.
- Pomegranate Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
There are different seeds out there which are considered the healthiest and the most important, and pomegranate is among the list next to chia seeds. It is considered so much healthy to add those two seeds together in the pomegranate vanilla chia seed pudding in order to eat a chia breakfast pudding that is needed by your body.
- 6 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 cups of milk (diary milk, almond milk, or any other type you prefer)
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, add together the chia seeds, milk, honey, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon then mix them together.
- Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator overnight to chill, and make sure that you have stirred the chia seeds well in order not to have a chunky chia pudding at the end.
- These ingredients will most probably be able to serve two people, so when it comes to the time of serving, top the cups with pomegranate seeds then serve.
There are different chia seed pudding recipes out there that could be easily done in no time; the only thing you will need to wait for is for them to stay in the fridge overnight.
Chia pudding is always a good choice for breakfast or even for dessert since it will be able to substitute different unhealthy ingredients with healthier ones especially when it comes to those recipes that are prepared with chia seeds. Always keep in mind that chia seeds could be added to different foods, so never hesitate about making some new inventions.