Being good when it comes to the facial skin, makes chia seed an important ingredient searched for by women for taking care of their beauty. There are several benefits of chia seeds and one of them is being beneficial for the skin especially for those who prefer the idea of using natural ingredients instead of buying chemical products. There are different mask recipes that people tend to make by some ingredients found in their kitchen and the ingredients are usually chosen according to the reason it is needed for; those which will treat acne will not always be the same as the ones that deal with wrinkles. Chia seeds also have their effects on the skin and making some mask recipes out of them is money-saving and helpful.
Benefits of Chia Seeds for Skin
It could be referred to as a beauty booster, because chia seed does not only have its beautifying effects on the skin but it could benefit the hair as well. The mind of any woman who finds out that an ingredient found in her kitchen might be effective on her skin or hair will be blown away, because she will be surprised by how something within her reach could be so much effective without consuming a lot of money.
Healing breast cancer, dealing with diabetes, and having an important role played when it comes to heart diseases, are all things that will open any mind and eye to this seed which delivers all these different benefits, but looking on the simple benefits carried by it, we will need to mention that skin and hair are included among the list. There are different benefits carried by chia seeds, whether eaten or transformed into masks, which are delivered to the face of the human being.
- Chia Oil for Acne Treatment and Fighting Wrinkles
One of the forms that chia seed could be transformed into is the chia oil; chia oil has anti-inflammatory properties that have a soothing effect on the skin, and thus helps when it comes to treating blemishes and acne. Acne is one of the skin conditions that people always suffer from, especially with teenagers, making chia seed an important ingredient used by them. Next to acne, chia oil is also important for restoring the normal moisture levels of the skin as well as diminishing redness.
For those old people who started to witness the change on their faces regarding wrinkles, chia oil is also helpful for slowing down the aging process and inhibiting wrinkle formation due to the antioxidants found in it. The chia oil could be mixed with some cosmetic products as well.
- Chia Oil for Moisturizing the Skin
The chia oil that is extracted from the seeds helps to a great extent with moisturizing the skin, and in addition to the ability that you have in adding it to the moisturizer that you already use, you could just rub some drops on the places that are the driest, such as the elbows, cuticles, and heels. Chia oil is proved to increase the hydration of the skin since in reduces the trans-epidermal water loss and prevents moisture loss in these dry places of the skin.
- Chia Oil Could Act Like a Natural Serum
Instead of choosing the chemical products, try to depend more on the natural ones, just like chia seeds. Chia oil could replace the chemical laden serum that you might be using; you just have to use some drops and applying them on the skin, which will give the skin a healthy glow. Chia oil is also helpful for those who tend to apply makeup because it prevents it from melting or creasing. The regular consumption of chia seeds encourages healthy cellular function, increasing the skin function.
Recipes of Chia Seeds for Skin
Knowing all these different uses for chia when it comes to the health of the skin should make you more attracted to the idea of knowing how it could be used on the skin as well as knowing about some of the different recipes that could be done and applied on the face as a mask. Chia seed benefits for the skin come in to solve all the important problems that people face; acne, moisturizing, and aging; and there are different facial mask recipes to do in order to bring these benefits right to your face.
- Chia Coconut Face Mask
There are different ingredients found in this mask; oats, almonds, coconut oil, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Oats help in cleansing the skin of oils, unplugging pores, and easing irritation and redness. Almonds add vitamin E to the mix, coconut oil moisturizes and softens the skin, cinnamon is anti-viral and anti-fungal which will help in cleansing the skin of impurities, and chia seeds will help in exfoliating the skin while infusing it with the benefits of omega-3.
The ingredients needed for preparing this mask:
- ½ cup of oats
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 3 Medjool dates
The directions to follow:
- Soak the Medjool dates in water until they become soft then peel the skin and remove the pits. Add the dates to the almond butter, coconut oil, water, cinnamon, and vanilla, and blend them all together until they become smooth.
- Add the oats and the chia seeds to the bowl and pour the mixture to the top, mix together, and then let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- You could use the mask right away after those 15 minutes, but for a better result, you could leave it covered in the refrigerator and allow it to soak and firm up for a couple of hours or even leave it overnight.
- When it comes to the point of applying the mask on your face, you will most probably use half of the mixture that you have prepared, so use the rest by eating it with adding some fruits to it. Leave the mask on your face for 15 minutes then rinse it off with lukewarm water then follow with a splash of cold water to lock the moisture.
Combining all these ingredients together is helpful for the skin because every single one will be responsible for a specific thing and even eating the mixture after finishing is a healthy thing since it is all made from natural ingredients coming from your kitchen.
- Chia Seed Exfoliating Mask
Healthy ingredients could be always added to the natural masks that are being done for the health of the skin, but the most famous, easy, and fast to be done chia mask recipe known is the one that does not have any ingredients other than lemon, chia seeds, and coconut oil.
The ingredients needed for this mask are:
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
The directions that should be followed:
- Mix the three ingredients together and let the mixture sit for a few minutes in order to give it the chance to thicken.
- Wet your face with warm water before applying the mask on your face. Let the mask sit on your face for two minutes; during this period it will start to transform into a gel.
- Now remove the chia exfoliating scrub with a washcloth and then rinse your face with some cold water.
The exfoliating scrub could sometimes include coconut oil and when it comes to the type of chia seeds used, some people prefer to use salba seeds.
- Honey and Chia Facial Mask
One of the famous natural homemade masks out there is the honey and lemon one which is famously known to be effective in fighting acne and purifying the skin. Chia seeds also play an important role when it forms a mixture with honey in order to be transformed to a facial mask. The chia honey mask helps in cleansing the skin from the dead cells and impurities, soothing inflammations, pimples, and acne, as well as reducing redness.
The ingredients needed:
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ¾ cup of lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- Mix the honey with the water then add the chia seeds to the mixture and stir constantly.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes in order to give the chia seeds the ability to absorb the water and swell.
- After those five minutes, stir the ingredients well one more time.
- Before applying the mask, you have to cleanse your face first. First of all, apply one teaspoon of the mixture to your palms and then massage them onto your face.
- Then you could remove the mixture by rinsing it with warm water followed by a splash of cold water.
The mixture of honey and chia will give your face the chance to glow and become pure due to the omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals found in this chia honey mask.
- Chia and Flax Seeds Mask
Combining chia seeds and flax seeds together in a diet plan is always considered a healthy thing to be done, and combining them for a facial mask is also important and healthy. Both flax seeds and chia seeds carry different similar benefits and one of them is the effect they carry on fighting acne and dealing with the aging wrinkles.
- Ground chia seeds
- Organic yogurt
- Flax seed oil
- The amount of these ingredients will depend on the place you will apply it on so it will be kept to your own personal measurements.
- Mix the three different ingredients together and stir thoroughly. Apply the mixture on the skin with the fingers then leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Doing this mask before going to bed will deliver its different benefits and moisturizing effects for the skin the next day.
It is important to use chia seeds for skin health because when they are eaten or even when they are transformed into masks, they will deliver some of their benefits to the skin by purifying it, moisturizing it, and fighting wrinkles and acne. Due to its importance for the skin, chia seed is now found as chia cream in some of the beauty health products.