If you are working hard on maintaining your body weight and trying as much as you can to eat healthy food then you should try chia seeds and gain some of the different benefits that these seeds could deliver that come along with losing weight. Chia seeds are filled with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and all these could give you different benefits, such as feeling full for a longer period of time, regulating your blood sugar level, lowering the cholesterol level, as well as preventing hypertension. All these benefits make people more interested to try chia seeds and the thing that might encourage them more to do so is that those seeds could be almost added to any recipe prepared out there; for both, food and drinks.
Chia Pudding Recipes
One of the most famous recipes that could be prepared with chia seeds is the pudding, with all its different flavors and ingredients, chia seeds could be still added to them all. There is the chocolate pudding, the coconut pudding, the fruit pudding, and many others, and you could use chia seeds by sprinkling them on top of the pudding or you could use them in the preparation stage. The best thing about these puddings is that you could eat them as breakfast, as a dessert, or as a small snack in between the meals.
When chia seeds are added to water or something that is moist and left there for a couple of minutes or even hours, it will start to turn into a gelatinous substance; this substance is the main reason behind the fulfillment feeling that people get when they eat it and thus never feel hungry for a good period of time after that. It is always better to eat chia seeds when they turn to that gel-like substance because they become easier in the digestion process, and this happens when it comes to chia pudding as well.
How to Make Chia Pudding?
There are different recipes out there that could be done with chia seeds and most of them are easy to be prepared, because most of them just require the sprinkling step of the seeds on the dishes. When we talk about chia pudding, we are also referring to something delicious that you could prepare in no time; just mix a couple of things together, leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours, and then come back to it when it is ready.
Here are some different chia seed pudding recipes to try:
- Blueberry Almond Chia Seed Pudding
Who does not like the idea of having blueberries for breakfast or the idea of trying to mix some almonds with blueberries together and double the benefits that they would receive? This is one of the easy recipes that you will prepare and one that you could even place in a jar and take along with you to the office.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 to 10 raw almond, roughly chopped
- Add the milk, the blueberries, the chia seeds, and the honey together in a cup or jar then stir the ingredients together in order to corporate. Place the jar or the cup in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or better leave them overnight.
- Before eating the pudding, add the chopped almonds on top of it.
Make sure that any leftover should be refrigerated in order not to go bad and be able to eat it sometime later.
- Coconut Chia Pudding
There are some recipes which could be done in the ordinary known ways, and there are those which you could add other things to them in order to create something that is different. In this coconut chia pudding, you will also add mango pieces to give it a fruity twist.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the coconut milk, chia seeds, shredded coconut, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a bowl and whisk them all together until they are well combined.
- Let this mixture sit before mixing it one more time and then put it into the fridge. For the best results, you should better leave it there overnight.
- Before serving this pudding recipe, you should make sure that you have brought it out of the fridge 15 minutes earlier.
- Make sure you are serving this recipe in the best good-looking way possible; in the serving glasses, or in the jars that you have already prepared; sprinkle some cinnamon on top and then eat or serve
- Banana Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding
A lot of people love the mixture of banana and peanut butter especially when they add them to their favorite bread for a good breakfast meal, but another way to combine both things together in a different way is by preparing the banana peanut butter pudding that is made with chia seeds.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups low fat milk
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- First, you will need to puree the bananas in a blender and add the milk and the peanut butter to them. When these ingredients are well mixed together, transfer them to a bowl and add the chia seeds to them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it overnight or at least for 4 hours.
Make sure that when you serve this pudding recipe, you stir it well enough to make sure that there aren’t any crumbles formed.
- Blueberry Lavender Chia Seed Pudding
Another different chia pudding recipe to try is the one that mixes lavender and blueberries together. Lavender in general is different when it comes to food; they have a different taste that make you feel like you are eating a fragrance, so adding it to chia seeds will definitely be considered different and bring different benefits along with them as well.
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary-grade lavender buds
- 2 to 3 Medjool dates
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the coconut milk to a simmer. Lower the temperature so that it isn’t simmering or bubbling at all and add the lavender buds to it; cover and allow steeping for about 10 minutes, lower the temperature if it is needed.
- Pour the coconut milk through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl and press with a spoon in order to get all the liquid out then place the bowl in the fridge to cool for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Once they reach the same room temperature, add the mixture to a blender with the dates, blueberries, and vanilla extract; blend until they are smooth and creamy. Make sure there aren’t any bits of dates in the mixture. Now add the chia seeds and mix again.
- When you add this mixture to a jar or a glass, put it in the refrigerator one more time and leave it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Lavender chia pudding is one of the recipes that we highly recommend if you could get the chance of finding these ingredients.
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Chocolate is not only satisfying to the stomach, but it is always satisfying to the heart and that is why all ages would love to indulge in something that is chocolatey. The chocolate chia seed pudding recipe is one that could also mix chocolates with fruits; it will mainly depend on what you prefer most.
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 6 large squares of dark chocolate, both melted and grated
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Start with melting about 4 squares of chocolate over low heat then add one cup of the coconut milk and combine them well together and make sure that this mixture is not too hot. Turn off the heat and let it cool until it becomes the same as the room temperature.
- Add the raspberries to 1 cup of coconut milk and mix them together in a blender until they become puree and smooth then add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds to them and mix well until the seeds are covered with the liquid.
- When the chocolate mixture becomes cool, add it to a container or a jar and add the other 3 tablespoons of chia seeds to it, mix well until the seeds are also covered with the liquid. Cover the bowl or the container with a lid and place it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- In order to know whether the pudding is ready or not, check its consistency, if it is too thick, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of milk of your choice and mix them well.
- Divide the chocolate chia pudding into two halves and do the same with the raspberry chia, and add each two halves together in one bowl or dessert serving cup.
- To decorate the cups, grate the remaining chocolate squares and sprinkle them on the mixture and add pieces of raspberry on top as well.
It is easy to prepare any kind of chia seed pudding; you will never spend a lot of hours in the kitchen but you will definitely need to leave them overnight in the fridge for a better result. There are different ways to do these puddings; you could add fruits, do them simply with milk and seeds, or add chocolate but still manage to have these puddings in the healthiest ways possible because of chia seeds and dark chocolate.